PoyntOS SDK Version: 1.2.33
-Note: Poynt Terminals run on a customized build of Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) and Android 6 (Marshmallow), so all applications must set the build target to android-19.
Poynt API Model Version: 1.2.120
Changes since beta6 (1.2.11)
- Updated API Model with new modifiers support (
- Support for skipping default Poynt receipt (
setSkipReceipt(true)in payment object)
- New transaction funding source: checks (
- Support for fees/surcharges at the item level (in addition to order level)
Changes since beta5 (1.2.10)
- Updated API Model (1.2.44) with a different parcel mechanism that allows for future version compatibility.
- Updated Receipts as per Acquirer EMV certification requirements
- Support for Android Emulators
- Various bug fixes
- Capability Manager & Accessory Manager updates
- Settlements application
Changes since beta4 (1.2.8)
- Updaed API Model (1.2.36) - please rebuild your apps to package the new version
- Printer Service Updated
- Support for Debit transactions
- Support for Voice Auths
- Support for EMV Referrals
- Stability improvements
Changes since beta3 (1.2.6)
- Updated API Model (1.2.32)
- Initial support for custom tenders (discounts & giftcards)
- Stability improvements
- New Payment Fragment UI
- Payment bridge for external systems
- Order Inbox
Changes since beta2 update (1.2.4)
- Payment Fragments converted into Payment Activity
- Bug fixes in Register and Terminal Apps
- Bug fixes in Payment Activity
- Updates to Poynt Messages to support push notifications from cloud
- API Model and SDK are now tracked with different version numbers
- AIDL service interfaces clean up - mostly removing unnecessary test interfaces
Changes since beta2
- Discounts (item level only) support in Poynt Register (API support for both item level and order level)
- Performance improvements in Register for catalog load
- Sync adapters to keep various data resources in sync w/ Poynt Cloud
- Poynt Cloud Messaging - enables application developers to send push notifications to Poynt Terminals
- Multi-tender bug fixes in Payment Fragments
- Various UI fixes in Poynt Terminal and Register Apps
- Updates to Product Content Provider
- Support for custom invoiceId, auth only mode and non-reference credits both in APIs and Poynt Terminal/Register Apps
- Login screen changes
Changes since beta1
- SDK Package renamed: co.poynt.android.* —> co.poynt.os.*
- New api-model changes with biggest being changes to Business and Store ID changed as UUIDs, and timestamps changed to Calendar
- In-sync with Poynt Cloud APIs (v1.2) to provide inter-operability between terminal apps and cloud apps using the same data entities.
- New Poynt Settings app that allows the merchants to add new business users and check their business, store and payment settings.
- New AIDL service permissions, change in package name to include service version and consistent/simple callback model for all AIDL services (co.poynt.os.services.v1.*)
- Updated apps (Register/Terminal/Insights). Register app now presents the product catalogs configured from the merchant portal.
- More payment features added to Payment Fragment (support authorization only transaction, support for custom invoice ids, and non-reference credits) along with save transaction feature when offline websocket based live stream connection with host
- New device activation app (OOBE) that verifies the merchant account (MID and TID), activates the device by generating device credentials and registering them with Poynt, creates a business user for the owner to login to the device and also triggers Poynt.net (merchant portal) signup email to the merchant’s email account.
- New Product Catalog APIs with support for variants
- New Intent actions for inter-app communications on Poynt devices
- Crashlytics to all release builds to track application crashes.
- Poynt Launcher updated with developer mode (on ten taps on the Poynt logo) to display all apps.
- New Developer Portal to enable developers register test merchants, terminals, stores, etc. and obtain application credentials for integrating with Poynt Cloud APIs.
- New Merchant Portal to enable merchants access their business data - orders, transactions, products, catalogs, users, and more.